Call for 2024 NIPHLE Achievement Nominations
The NIPHLE awards and the Military Packaging Hall of Fame are presented each spring at the annual NIPHLE National Training to persons who have made outstanding contributions to government and industry within the packaging, handling, and logistics disciplines.
The 2024 NIPHLE Annual Training will take place at Picatinny Arsenal, NJ 07-09 May 2024 and the awards will be presented during the NIPHLE Annual Awards Banquet at the Hilton Garden Inn, Rockaway, NJ, 08 May 2024.
Recipients may be from either government or industry. Nominations must state the field in which the nominee is to be considered for (see below list of awards) and include the name, address, phone number, employer, and the position title of both the nominee and the nominator. Sufficient detailed information about the nominee’s accomplishments must be provided to allow the selection committee to score the nominee without additional research to obtain information about the type and value of their accomplishments.
Anyone, except members of the award committee, may submit a nomination . Any individual in the packaging, materials handling or logistics field may be nominated, whether they are a member of NIPHLE or not. There shall be no time limitation with respect to the contribution made by the individual. Selection is based on the nominee’s total contribution to the field rather than to a particular project or period. The nomination should be limited to 4 pages of text. Please see attached detailed descriptions of NIPHLE Achievement Awards.
NIPHLE Awards nominee packages, including Military Packaging Hall of Fame nominees' packages, must be submitted electronically to Ms. Jennifer Smith, email@example.com.
Deadline for receipt of package submission is 01 March 2024.
NIPHLE awards categories:
1. Stewart Award: Recognition for many years of dedicated sustained superior service above and beyond the call of duty in numerous highly responsible official capacities for NIPHLE.
2. James A. Russell Memorial Award: Award for many years of achievements and dedicated service to NIPHLE and the packaging, handling, and logistics community.
3. Packaging Lifetime Achievement Award: For any individual with exceptional achievement in the Packaging field during their career.
4. Handling Lifetime Achievement Award: For any individual with exceptional achievement in the Handling field during their career.
5. Logistics Lifetime Achievement Award: For any individual with exceptional achievement in the field of Logistics during the course of their career.
6. Corporate/ Agency of the Year Award: For any Corporate/Agency that has made significant contributions during the year in the areas of Packaging, Handling, and/or Logistics.
7. Military Packaging Hall of Fame: Initiated in May of 1990, the Military Packaging Hall of Fame provides recognition to those whose leadership and technical expertise have contributed to the successful development of the industry. Initiates are nominated anonymously and are selected by packaging professionals representing all facets of the military packaging community. Inductees include individuals who served the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, DLA, GSA and private sector. It a very great honor to be inducted into this elite group of packaging experts. Nominations must be in the format provided.
Ms. Mary Keane
NIPHLE, Executive Director